Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DIY Beautiful Wall Art


 DIY Beautiful Wall Art


I started with a sheet of one inch thick stryrofoam insulation.  This stuff is more dense and less crumbly than regular packing styrofoam and will hold up better under abuse with a staple gun.
A 2 foot by 8  foot sheet costs about 15 dollars and will be enough for several wall hangings. If you need a few pieces of art, and already have some craft supplies and fabric laying around, this is cheaper than buying canvases.

1.To cut the stryofoam you will want to use a straight edge and a sharp utility knife.
2.I cut three 11 inch by 28 inch panels and covered them with left over fabric from a duvet cover I recently made.
3.First I stapled the fabric tightly to the center of each edge.
4.And then I folded the corners as if I was wrapping a gift and stapled them.
5.Then I added more staples along each edge, pulling the fabric tight as I went.
6.I used a dollar store stencil and a sharpie paint pen to gussy up one of the panels.
7.I hung the panels by attaching some picture hanging hardware to the back with long sewing pins.



No comments:

Post a Comment